Fashion and Style Blog

Friday 20 January 2017

Tonal Dressing


Another January Day and another outfit to match the general January mood- Grey! But really, it not just about dressing to reflect your mood, it is all about tonal dressing. 
Wearing one colour in different tones is a huge trend for SS17, I have started it with Grey (breaking me in gently, and I know I am not wearing grey jeans, but it is about tones not exact matches) but we will be wearing full pink outfit by Spring, mark my words!




I love this trend it is really easy to wear and really easy to make an outfit look more tailored and stylish. Grey's and Neutrals will always be the easiest way to wear it, but I liked the idea of adding the spot prints to mix it up a bit. 
This is a gorgeous number from Dorothy Perkins, (who have a great new collection by the way) it is a casual nod to the pyjama trend and although I have style it up with jeans and boots, it would just as great with a pair of kick flare trousers and courts for a dresser look.
And, you can never go wrong with a classic grey long line coat, it will be a wardrobe favourite for years! 
So, will you be trying the tonal trend? Or sticking to separates? I would love to know!




I am wearing: 

Coat: New Look
Jeans: Stradivarius
Boots: New Look
Bag: H&M

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig