Fashion and Style Blog

Monday 24 June 2013

Holiday Series- The Barcelona Post!

Hi Guys, 

Today's post is my personal favourite from my holiday series, as it is an ode to one of my favourite cities- Barcelona. For those of you who have followed my blog for a while, you will know that this is becoming a bit of an annual post, I go to Barcelona every year if I can and I always like to share with you some of my photo's and experiences. And off course what I wore! 

Boob Tube- Cos, Skirt- H&M
Necklace- Next, Bag- H&M, Sandals- Newlook
Sunglasses- ASOS, Nails- Essie Too too Hot

I knew it was going to be a boiling hot day, so I decided to go for a look that I would not over heat in, plus still bringing a bit of style to the table (hopefully) I have been in love with lace/crochet skirts and dresses all spring, and I bought this H&M skirt months ago, but have hardly had any chance to wear it because our summer has been non existent. So, I knew that I wanted to wear it to Barcelona, I love how classy and elegant it looks, but is still really comfortable to be in all day. 
To make the most of the sun and try and top up the tan I decided to team the skirt with just a classic black boob tube, so I did not have to worry about strap marks while I was wandering and I liked the black and white combo, as I have been all season. 
All in all I was really pleased with the look, there was nothing radical or inventive about it, but sometimes classics are the best don't you think?

I hope you like my look, but now down to the important part.... Barcelona!
The most amazing food market ever!

The Marina!

As I mentioned, I have been to Barcelona numerous times, on holiday's and when I went travelling round Europe when I was 18 for 6 months, so I have seen all the "touristy" highlights plenty of times, and believe me they are amazing, if you have never seen any of Gaudi's work I can not recommend it enough. However, now when I go, I just like to wander round my favourite areas like La Ramblas, the Gothic Quarter and down the Harbour and Marina and take in the sights, stop for a coffee, then wander on and stop for some lunch and people watch. 
This year we ate in a beautiful restaurant in the Placa Reial and just took it all in at leisure, and I do think that spending time like this in a place is the best way to really experience it, as sometimes when you are on the tourist trail you miss the little streets and shops that really make up the city's charm. 
We had a wonderful time and I am already planning my next trip! 


And just one of my uber stylish Parents!

Well, apologises for all the photo's it is just too hard to not snap everything you see, but I hope you have liked seeing them, and I would love to know if you love Barcelona too?
 I hope you have all had a nice weekend, and are ready to start another week? 
I will be posting my "What's in my Holiday Make Up bag" video/Post this week too, so be sure to check that out. 

Happy Monday! 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great post.. Love your blog!
    New GFC and Bloglovin' follower.. please follow me back!
    Chloe xx
    http://howdoyouwearthatx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chole! I will check out your blog now too. :-)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love Barcelona
    Now i live only two hour drive form this amazing city
    I'm glad you had fun lovely outfit as well
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. Have you moved from Manchester? xxxx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig