Fashion and Style Blog

Monday 24 September 2012

Emmy's Red Carpet- Best Dressed!

Hi Guys! 

How depressing is this weather this morning?(The UK is under a big cloud today) It feels like the darkest rainiest day of the year, so I decided to brighten up the day with some fabulous fashion ( the one thing that never fails to not out me in a good mood) and today it comes in the form of the Emmy's Red carpet! 
It is the Oscars for the TV world and so the ladies go out of there way to hit big in the style stakes, and in complete contrast to the grey and damp day the big colour trend of the night was brights! 
Here are my top picks...

Best Dressed- Claire Danes in Lanvin
I literally love this dress, it is perfect for Claire's quite boyish figure, and perfect for covering her baby bump! The draping at the waist creates curves and the silky material gives it a real elegance. Not many people can pull of this colour, but it looks fab on Claire. 


   Julie Bowden in Monique Lhuillier  
Another amazing bright coloured dress, that looks amazing! The cut of the dress is beautiful as it stays tight right down to the knee, before kicking out which is very flattering to Julie's shape. 

    Julianne Moore in Dior Couture 
I think this is the best Julianne has looked in years. She has in the past played it safe in darker muted colours like green and deep purple, so come out with this it has the real wow factor. 

These bright ladies really stole the show for me, but there were some other fab frocks, here are the rest of my favs! 



    Jessica Pare in Jason Wu


 Zooey Deschanel in Reem Arca 

Kelly Osbourne in Zac Posen 

January Jones in Zac Posen 

Hayden Panettiere in Marchesa 

Julia Louis Dreyfus in Vera Wang

And, I am sorry there always has to be a worst dressed, and for me this Crime of Fashion goes too

Ashley Judd in Carolina Herrera 
Sorry, Ashley, but I don't really know where to start. The dress is too short, it does not fit right, the shape is not flattering and the big hair does not compliment Ashley's normally beautiful face. 

I hope you like my picks, what was your dress of the night? 

Hope your Monday is going ok and has been perked up by this little fashion fix! Stay tuned for more posts and reviews from me this week. 

Happy(rainy) Monday!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Good choices! Clare Danes's dress is so stunning. Hollywood maternity wear is fantastic! I also loved Elizabeth Moss' dress - she always looks so different from Peggy in real life!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig