Fashion and Style Blog

Friday 27 July 2012

AW12 Trend Report- High Street Edit

The new season trend report is one of my favourite posts to write, even though we are just finally being able to wear our summer wardrobe it is really exciting to start looking at what we will be lusting after in the winter months!
I must confess to being a sun girl, I love the warmth and the laid back easy fashion of the summer months. However, when I saw the Fashion Weeks back in February I knew we were in for a very stylish back end to the year.
This AW12 trends are very bold and opulent with real glamour and style. This winter we are going to be able to celebrate the our figures in beautiful shapes and structured pieces with permission to embrace black once more! 
I have gone through the high streets new seasons collections to pick out some of my favourite pieces that help bring some of the main designer looks to us for this winter, without the designer price tag! 

                                                               Back to Black
This winter, black is back. Gothic glamour is the look of the season, with leather, lace and dramatic shapes.
    Alexander Wang, Gucci, Christopher Kane, Dolce and Gabbana, 
                              Jill Sanders

Necklace- River Island £20, Jacket -River Island £180, 
Boot- River Island £65, Bralet- Topshop £25, Skirt- Topshop £120
Dress- Motel Rocks £48, Trousers- Topshop £32
Jacket- Miss Selfridge £57

Print and Embelishment
Think, Baroque and opulent fabrics, this winters patterns are bold and luxurious and colourful.
Balmain, Dolce and Gabbana, Altuzarra, Louis Vuittton, Chanel


Top- River Island £12, Cardigan- River Island £40, 
Skirt River Island £22, Peplum Top- Miss Selfridge £32
Dress- Topshop £48, Skirt- Boohoo £15
Jacket- Topshop £65

The Shape of a Women
This trend is all about being a lady. Celebrate your curves girls! Channel the clinched waist, belts and elegance  
Burberry, Haider Ackerman, Calvin Klein, Dior, Jill Sanders, McQueen


Dress- River Island £40, Peplum Top- Topshop £45,
 Blouse- Miss Selfridge £35, Skirt- River Island £24
Dogtooth Top- Glamorous £20, Dress-Topshop £38
Blouse- River Island £20, Top- Topshop £18

I hope you like my picks! There are lots of other fab trends, colours and styles to look out for this season which I will be covering over the next few weeks too, so I you are not a fan of the above, don't worry there is more to come! But I love them and can't wait to start planning my winter buys.
I don't know about you, but I am very glad it is the weekend! Me and my Boyfriend are flying out to Rhodes in a matter of hours, so while I am writing this I am trying to finish packing and watch the Olympic Games Opening Ceremony ( which is amazing) so it is all go here!
My wedding outfit is all ready, so I try and post on twitter and Instagram when I am away, so stay tuned for that!
Hope you all have fab weekends and I will be back next Thursday with my friends wedding report!
Happy Weekend

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SHARE:

2 comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig